Enjoy preventive dental care solutions with Burlington, ON area practice
The best way to keep your smile healthy is to make regular visits with your dentist in Burlington, ON. Dr. Thelam Nguyen and his team at Tansley Woods Dentistry encourage patients to take the steps in ensuring preventive dental care with routine appointments. Our dental team wants you to protect your smile’s health and reduce your risk of developing cavities or periodontal disease. With preventive care, patients can maintain a healthy smile and a healthy body!
What preventive steps are needed to keep your smile healthy?
Healthy teeth can be obtained with the care and attention of our staff. We recommend that patients consider the following ways to maintain a healthy smile:
- Brushing teeth after every meal – patients should utilize a fluoride toothpaste and a soft-bristled brush to remove food particles and sugars from the teeth and gums after each meal or snack
- Flossing at least once a day – use dental floss to remove food particles from between the teeth at least once a day, more if possible
- Visiting the dentist every six months – recall appointments should be made for every six months
- Obtain regular professional cleanings – prophylaxis is a professional cleaning that is performed with each routine dental visit to clean the teeth thoroughly and remove plaque and calculus
- Undergo x-rays and a physical dental examination – dental x-rays and a physical evaluation from a trained dental professional can help in spotting areas of decay or signs of periodontal disease
- Call the dentist when problems arise – instead of dealing with pain or problems, patients should contact their dentist as soon as changes occur for early diagnosis and effective treatment
Talk to Dr. Thelam Nguyen regarding preventive dental care
Burlington, ON area patients who are interested in learning more about the benefits of regular, preventive dental care can schedule their first consultation visit with the team at Tansley Woods Dentistry. Dr. Thelam Nguyen and his associates can assist with cleanings, evaluations, and dental x-rays at the office, conveniently located at 4125 Upper Middle Road, Ste #200. Call (289) 273-4289 to schedule an appointment, or request a visit through our online contact form on our website. We accept new and current patients into our state-of-the-art practice and welcome you to our facility!Back to Blog Page