The choice is clear, patients love Invisalign® for straightening misaligned teeth
In a world where a beautiful straight smile is closely related to happiness, good health, and even success, it’s a good idea to straighten your teeth if you have misalignment issues. Perhaps you wore braces as a child, but after years of not wearing retainers to maintain your results, your teeth have shifted out of position again. You might now be wondering how you can start wearing traditional metal braces at your age. The good news is that at Tansley Woods Dentistry in Burlington, Ontario, we offer Invisalign® clear aligners to straighten your teeth discreetly and comfortably.
How Invisalign® works
Invisalign® works like traditional braces by gently pushing your teeth to proper alignment. However, instead of metal wires and brackets, Invisalign® aligners are made of clear and comfortable professional-grade plastic, making them virtually invisible. But how do they work?
Each Invisalign® treatment is unique in its own way. However, a typical treatment follows the procedure below:
- Consultation: You first have a consultation with your dentist, where they evaluate your teeth, understand your smile goals, and explain the process of Invisalign®, as well as the estimated costs and timeframes involved.
- Smile design: Your bite impressions are then taken, and interactive 3D simulation is used to map out your treatment plan with state-of-the-art technology. As such, you will be able to tell how long your treatment will take and also have a preview of how your final smile will look like!
- Fitting: After sending the 3D models to a dental lab, creating your personalized series of aligners will take around two weeks. Once they are ready, you will need to wear a set of aligners for two weeks before swapping for the next set in the series. This process will continue until your teeth are aligned to the proper position.
For Invisalign® aligners to yield dramatic results, you will need to wear them for at least 20 to 22 hours a day. With strict compliance, most patients see results within a few months of starting their straightening journey.
Book An Appointment
Benefits of Invisalign®
Invisalign® is the perfect definition of freedom — freedom to eat what you want and smile when you want. And above all, freedom to be yourself — all while your teeth progress towards perfection! Treatment with Invisalign® is:
- Comfortable: No wires that poke your cheeks, and no gum irritation as the plastic used to make the aligners is professional-grade.
- Effective: If the aligners are worn as directed, Invisalign® treatment yields faster results than traditional braces.
- Convenient, requiring few dental visits: You need fewer dental appointments with clear aligners since little to no adjustments are required.
Want to reap the benefits of a perfectly aligned smile? If you are in Burlington, ON, and the surrounding area, please dial (289) 273-4289 to book an appointment with Tansley Woods Dentistry for Invisalign® treatment.