Benefits of Replacing Missing Teeth with Dental Implants
Sports injuries, car accidents, and tooth decay are some reasons we might lose a tooth or two. Thanks to restorative dentistry, you don’t have to live with that gap for the rest of your life. While there are several tooth replacements you could consider, Dr. Thelam Nguyen of Tansley Woods Dentistry recommends dental implants for patients in and around Burlington.
But why are many dentists raving about the benefits of dental implants? Implant-based restorations replace your entire tooth from the crown to the root. Since your implant is firmly anchored in your jawbone, just like your natural tooth, it yields numerous benefits, including:
- Behaves like natural teeth: Dental implants mimic your natural teeth, from performance to looks. Dental implants restore your full chewing and eating ability. Besides, a dental implant looks and feels like your natural tooth—once an implant is in place, no one can tell you ever lost a tooth to decay or injury.
- Last for a lifetime: Traditional tooth replacements have a mileage of about ten years. However, dental implants don’t have an expiry date—once installed, they can last for a lifetime if you take proper care of your mouth.
- Easy to maintain: When you replace your missing teeth with dental implants, you don’t have to change how you clean your teeth. Brush twice a day, floss daily, and see a dentist every six months; your dental implants will serve you for life.
Dental Implants, Missing single tooth for a long time
- Stabilize adjacent teeth: If you are missing a tooth, teeth on either side of the gap tend to shift to the empty space. This shifting messes with the alignment of your teeth, affecting your bite and appearance. A dental implant fills the space of the missing tooth, keeping the adjacent teeth intact.
- Prevent bone loss: How could we forget this? When you have missing teeth, the space lacking teeth starts deteriorating because there is no stimulation. If the space isn’t filled with an implant, your jawbone loses about 25% of its volume in the first year, and this deterioration continues over time. Dental implants can deter bone atrophy by providing the stimulation needed to spur natural bone growth.
Book An Appointment
Do the above benefits appeal to you? It’s time to get the smile you deserve. If you are a resident of Burlington, Ontario, or its environs, please dial (289) 273-4289 to book an appointment with Tansley Woods Dentistry for long-lasting dental implants.