Your Ticket to Healthy Teeth with Oral Hygiene
If you want strong, healthy teeth from childhood through your adult years, you need to be diligent with your oral care. Good oral hygiene care will keep decay, tooth infections and other dental issues at bay. In addition to home care, visit your dentist twice annually for routine cleanings. These dental hygiene tips from Dr. Thelam Nguyen, Tansley Woods Dentistry, Burlington, Ontario, can help you enjoy healthy, beautiful teeth.
The Importance of Oral Hygiene
Oral hygiene plays a vital role in the health and beauty of your smile. Poor oral habits can weaken your teeth, putting you at greater risk of developing dental issues. You can keep your teeth healthy and strong long-term by establishing good oral care habits. Good oral habits include:
- Oral care routine – Set up a routine of brushing and flossing your teeth. Use a soft bristle manual or electric toothbrush and fluoride toothpaste, as fluoride helps combat cavities. As you age, you may need to alter this routine to meet your current dental care needs
- Anti-microbial mouthwash – Use an anti-microbial mouthwash daily to promote healthier gums and teeth
- Healthy Eating – Your diet can significantly impact your oral health. A healthy diet rich in fresh fruits, vegetables, lean proteins and whole grains will support tooth and gum health. Limit processed, sugary foods and drinks to reduce your risk of decay and drink plenty of water throughout your day
- Smoking – Avoid smoking and tobacco products and limit your alcohol intake, as these lifestyle habits can negatively impact your oral health
- Dental checkups and cleanings – See your Burlington dentist, Dr. Thelam Nguyen, for routine dental checkups and cleanings. Routine dental checkups allow Dr. Nguyen to detect and treat problems early before they become major issues. Dental cleanings eliminate plaque and harmful bacteria to prevent decay and gum disease
Oral Care Dentist Near Me in Burlington, Ontario
Partnering with a trustworthy dentist can help maintain good oral health over the years. For quality oral care services that you can trust, contact Tansley Woods Dentistry in Burlington at (289) 273-4289.